Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Bragging Rights


My brother, Louie, accomplished something huge this weekend.  He is an official Ironman!  That's right, in just about 11 hours, he swam 2.4 miles, biked 112 miles, oh, and then ran a marathon of 26.2 miles.  He placed 301 out of over 2500 athletes in Ironman Coeur d'Alene in Idaho.  Simply amazing!

His wife, Naomi, was there as his cheer squad and official liaison to the fam back home keeping us posted via phone calls and text messages.  Lucky for us they had a live feed online as well so we could keep up with the days events.  I felt just a little guilty sitting on the couch Sunday night enjoying my bowl of Honey Smacks while he was hauling the last few miles to the end.

I couldn't be more proud of you, little brother.  
Congrats, Lou! 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats to Louie!! What an accomplishment. I've been at 2 Ironman competitions with Thomas and one with Landon...torture for the loved one watching! I'm impressed! Thanks for sharing.
Marylu Odom

Louie said...

Thanks to the Fam for supporting me through it all, even though it's bit nutty isn't it?!?

Scary part is I'm already looking at other Ironman's to do someday....