We are still here in the Dawson house...just a little bit of summer slackin' going on with the blog. We are also working our way out of vacation mode which has been a challenge.
We were in Destin with Grandad and Grammie last week. It was a great week with family, sun, swimming, and fortunately, no tar balls! The highlight may have been Marshall's very first airplane ride. We splurged for a few plane tickets instead of suffering 7 hours in the car with our carseat-loathing toddler. I have to say it was the best money ever spent. We had so much fun riding the shuttle bus, the train in the airport and watching planes come and go at the gate. Once we boarded, it only seemed like 20 minutes before we were decending on the Ft. Walton airport. M was so enthralled with the whole experience that he didn't fuss one bit the entire time. We also received two compliments from complete strangers about how well behaved our little guy was. Pat on the back for us!
Ready to start our adventure...complete with my "a-pane" shirt, of course!
It was such a great week. Marshall loved spending time with his grandparents and was spoiled with all the extra attention. Poor kid, I think he was disappointed when we got home and realized he only had TWO adults around to cater to his every need instead of the four he had gotten used to.
One thing we all learned...what happened in Hilton Head with Marshall and the sand was no fluke...this kid does NOT like the sand. We had a real problem at first but then quickly devised a work-around so that we could enjoy some time on the white sand beach.
As long as he didn't have to touch the sand, he was cool!
Thanks for checking in and happy summer!










3 comments:
I missed you in the blogging world! I love that picture of M and Arlene... so cute!
you guys are so stinkin' cute!!
the last pic of M and M on the beach blanket...I am just loving Marshall's facial expression...I may have seen that look somewhere before...
Post a Comment