In honor of our anniversary Mike and I bought tickets to see the Zac Brown Band in concert at the Verizon Amphitheater this weekend. Nights out alone with just the two of us are few and far between so we were both really excited. And country concerts are always such a blast. In addition to an awesome show, a cool (but overpriced) concert t-shirt, and tasty (but overpriced) beverages, there was some fabulous people watching going on! We set up our own romantic tailgate before the show and enjoyed the beautiful weather while watching fans pretend they were cowboys and girls roaming the "ranch" between office parks in Alpharetta. Hilarious. I even came across two dudes placing bets at the porta pots over which girl would be in and out the fastest. Once we got into the show we ran into our friends, Erin and Dave, who were there celebrating their anniversary as well. All in all, a great night!
Little Dog spent the night with his Grandma and Grandpa. I'm not sure who wore who out more during their time together but I do know they had a great time. M was spoiled as usual during his stay. They took a trip to Chick-fil-a for dinner, went to the playground, did chores around the house, played with the hose and checked out the red caboose in downtown Suwanee. Busy, very busy.
We picked Marshall up on Mother's Day and had a great afternoon together visiting with all the moms in our family. To top it all off, I received the BEST Mother's Day gifts. Michael surprised me with the new camera we have been eyeing for a year now. I am beyond excited! Marshall's gift to me is his new found love for the jogging stroller. We installed the snack tray a few weeks ago and the kid finally enjoys riding in it (as long as he's got his snacks and juice, of course). A wonderful gift! Now I finally have no excuse for passing up my daily run.
Last but not least, I need to give public congrats to my brother for finishing at the top of his age group and top 10 overall in the Gulf Coast Half Ironman Triathlon this weekend in Panama City. He is one step away from his longtime goal of completing a full Ironman- in fact, it is happening in just one month! Way to go, Uncle Lou! We are so proud.


3 comments:
yeah a new camera!!!
That is an awesome gift! And snacks for the girls is the only way I get them in the stroller.
hey girl-
we're at the farmers market on tuesdays if you ever want to bring marshall over and let the babies play together. we won't be there next tuesday (18th?), but after that we will be there every week. :-)
would love to see you!
Post a Comment