Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Fourth Generation

I only really got to know one of my great grandparents as a child.  She was the classic "great grandma"....bun in her grey hair, glasses, dresses with stockings and those black old person shoes.  I don't remember a lot about her but I remember her being very sweet and soft spoken.  How lucky I am to have just those small memories.

My mom has described how amazing it feels to be a grandparent.  She told me, as I have learned myself, that being a parent is the best thing in the world...but being a grandparent and watching your own baby's babies is beyond description.  How must it feel, then, to be a great grandparent?   I certainly can't imagine watching M with his baby...nonetheless witnessing his babies having babies.  And the fact that there is a chance that I just might be able to meet my fourth generation someday....whew!  Humbling and awesome. 

M still has FIVE of his great grandparents!  We managed to see three of them this week.  I would definitely say that he suffered no shortage of hugs and kisses.
 
Sharing a snuggle with Great Grandmamma Garmon at our house.

Cuttin' grass for the great grandparents.
I'm pretty sure this secured the #1 spot with Great Grandpa C.

Appropriately sharing chocolate ice cream with Great Grama C, the orginal chocoholic.

3 comments:

Naomi said...

Marshall's "soooo big!" is echoing in my head when I look at these pictures!

Louie said...

I'm pretty sure there's that same picture of me out there somewhere with the toy lawnmower and grandpa! So fun - those were the days.

Carrie Davis said...

he's a doll - and SO lucky to have such an awesome fam.