Monday, March 29, 2010

Words

I didn't expect a word explosion from Mr. Marshall for a while...especially since he has the grunt and point mastered so well. Over the last few weeks though he has been surprising us almost everyday with a new word. Of course, in most cases I am probably the only one who understands what he is saying.

His vocabulary to-date:
Mom
Dad
Gone
Ball
Applesauce (more like, Ah-huh-huh)
Clock
Coke
Cheese
Turtle
Dog
Woof
Book
More

He's also learning to count. Well, he can make the sound effects that go along with counting...as in "uhhhh, oooohhhh, eeeeeehhh..."

I think my favorite "trick" that he is doing these days is playing along with my silly mom games. He makes his fingers hop along when I sing Little Bunny Foo Foo and he knows the drill for Itsy Bitsy Spider. I'm pretty sure he thinks I do the best Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes dance of any mom out there (he only does head with me right now).

It's great to have one fan out there who makes me feel like I could make it on Broadway if I really wanted to.

3 comments:

Clh03uga said...

Isn't it amazing how amazing the little things become?

Lauren said...

way to go Marshall! You're a super mommy!

The Lanier Family said...

Wow! It seems like I just saw him and he was grunting and pointing :) GO MARSHALL! :) time to teach him Tee Tee :)