Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Because I don't want to forget...

I have friends who have always said, "Just wait...it gets better and better. And you will laugh more than you ever have in your life." It is TRUE. So true. Marshall at thirteen months is the best. He's turning into a little charmer and is an absolute sponge. It is amazing how much he is picking up on so quickly. And did I mention he is hilarious!?

Since I can't freeze these days in time, I am making sure to document my favorite things about Little Dog at 13 months:
  • Says a few words...Mom and Dad (or some version them), on, off, and his favorite word - GONE.
  • Waves hello and bye, bye. I am not sure I should be so amazed at this - but he actually senses when someone is getting ready to leave and starts waving bye, bye.
  • Hums along as I sing "itsy bitsy spider" and change his diaper.
  • Loves to show off his new teeth when we lift up his top lip.
  • Hugs his stuffed Golden Retriever and Curious George tightly and with a huge sweet grin. Loves to snuggle.
  • Knows he can do (and eat) whatever he wants when his grandparents come around.
  • Runs to the door with excitement when his dad comes home.
  • Loves his bath...and running naked afterwards (what is it with boys?!)
  • Hangs onto my ponytail like it's a blankie.
  • "Brushes" his hair on his own.
  • Is a climber. He especially loves to climb stairs like a big person (even though his legs are not even long enough to reach the step in front of him).
  • Is VERY noisy and talkative. Loves to hear an echo of his voice.
  • Soooo BIG! He now throws his arms in the air unprovoked. He knows we think it is funny and cute. Such a ham.
  • Has the "beat" in him. Loves to dance when a good tune comes on the TV or radio.
  • Still loves his red wagon but insists on pushing it around instead of riding in it these days.
  • His big ole belly is getting smaller and the rolls on his thighs have been replaced by strong muscles. Looks like a mini football player but walks like an old man.
  • Must. Press. Every. Button.
Finally, and I hesitate to even write this...he is sleeping past 5:30 AM in his own bed!!! He has never been the best sleeper. In the past we would put him down at 7 PM and he would wake once at night sometimes and then sleep till about 5:30 AM (at which time we would drag him to our bed...breaking the golden rule, I know). Recently he is going to bed at 8 and sleeping until 7 in own bed, uninterrupted! Yay, yay, YAY! Oh, sleep, how we love thee!

5 comments:

Naomi said...

He is so precious! I loved seeing him this weekend.

Lauren said...

Good job on the sleeping Marshall! Mommy must be wearing you out!

Carrie Beth said...

Aww, such a fun age. Hooray for sleep!!!

Susan said...

Hate to say this each time I took a moment to reflect on how much I enjoy or enjoyed my children, my thought was, "This is the best age yet!"

Naomi said...

Ha, it's true. My mom still says that-- and we're 25 and 23!