Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A Plug


2010 is steaming ahead. I feel like I've got my head on a little straighter now than I did in 2009...not that I've mastered this mommy thing or anything like that, but I feel like I'm finally figuring out this new normal and a way to plug back into the world even if I'm not working for a paycheck.

A friend of mine from my MBA program introduced me to a really cool organization several years ago. It is a local non-profit called Metropolitan Counseling Services. This group is dedicated to helping adults in metro Atlanta create positive change in their lives through high quality, low-cost counseling and psychotherapy. Many of these people could not otherwise afford such care. All of MCS's services are provided on an affordable, sliding fee scale based on income and number of dependents. The need for this organization and the services it provides has grown by leaps and bounds over the last several years, especially in this time of economic hardship.

Earlier this year I was provided with the opportunity to join the MCS Board of Directors. In the short time that I have been involved, I've realized that this organization is a true gem. The people who work for and help support MCS are dedicated and passionate about this cause.
So, here's my plug..and good timing as we all run to get our tax returns in the mail....if you are looking for a good cause to support, please consider MCS for 2010. They are such a worthy and important organization. And they depend greatly on private support to help fulfill their mission. I will make sure to keep you all posted on some of the cool fundraising events that are planned for 2010 as well. Make sure to check out their website to learn more and let me know if you would like to get involved too!

No comments: