Thursday, March 26, 2009

We Are Family

I've always been proud of my family. No one is perfect and we certainly aren't very normal or typical - Ever seen my snazzy Grandma drink Manhattans in her orange suede jacket and matching sunglasses? How about the crazy eyebrow that half of us have? Ever seen any of us dance... complete with facial expressions and 100% confidence? Enjoy a political discussion with Michael? See Dad biking around Suwanee in his florecent yellow bike gear? Have to eat my bourbon sweet potatoes at Thanksgiving?

Despite our quirkiness and differences, we are family....and one that has always been full of love. My family is one that supports each other through thick and thin. My family is one that knows how to have fun together. My family is one that has always made people feel welcome. My family is one that has stayed together. It's my family that helped me become who I am. And when Michael and I got married six years ago, my family grew even larger and more special. And now my brother is getting married and we are celebrating the addition of his perfect match to our family.

It is all these reasons and more that I am loving introducing Marshall to his big, loving, caring, fun, crazy family.

Marshall and his Great Aunt Barb

Marshall and his 2nd cousins, Trav and Kyle (in background)
Marshall and his Uncle Curt
Marshall and his Aunt Jennifer
Marshall and his Uncle Lou and Aunt Naomi

1 comment:

Stephanie Donlan said...

WOW - he grew while I was gone. Can't wait to see him again. We need to all get together. (-: