Isn't it funny how excited people get over free stuff? Especially t-shirts. I think that is why half the people who run road races participate in them.
So...I finished the UGA Alum Association 5K Dawg Trot on Saturday. - and got my fancy t-shirt! It required me to get up at 5:30 AM so I could feed Marshall, pump milk out of my boobs, get everything ready for Grammy and Granddaddy Dawson to come and babysit, then drive an hour to Athens in the cold rain. I could have easily bailed...but this was something I was determined to do for myself. I needed to do it. Plus, I was really looking forward to the nice greasy breakfast at the Mayflower we were going to have with our friends David, Ashley and Cooper afterwards.
So I finished...ran the entire darn thing. It was by far the slowest 5K I've ever run but Mike was there cheering me along the way. I really wanted to figure out a way wear a sign that said "I had a baby 2 months ago" because I was kind of embarrased to be running toward the back of the crowd. Luckily I finished. Finished in 30 minutes exactly. I met my goal. It felt so good and momentous. Kind of like I had made it back to my old self...only better. Now I'm a mom!
7 comments:
YAY!! I'm so proud of you! You are awesome to have accomplished that after only 2 months. I hope you enjoyed your greasy breakfast!
WOW!!! That's pretty spectacular! Thank you for your comment too.
Oh girl, you are a stud! That's something to be proud of!
Congratulations...that is such an accomplishment!
Congrats on the race and lil man sleepin the night!
Great job! Pretty cool we were both racing on the same morning.
Way to go Allison! I'm impressed!
Post a Comment