Michael and I always joke about who is the "boss" of our household. He always says he's the CEO and I'm the manager because he knows it drives me nuts. But if the role of "boss" was determined by how quickly you could run , then Mike would be CEO hands-down.He never ceases to amaze me...this man's idea of a saturday morning jog is much different than most of ours. He can pick up his running shoes and radio and head out for an 8 mile run anytime he feels like it...not dependent on what kind of "running shape" he is in whatsoever. He's just a natural. And he is harder on himself that anyone in this world every could be...never quitting...never succombing to pain. There's definiltely no such thing as a "comfort zone" with Michael. It is what makes him the man his is...and a part of the man I love!
He clocked a 47 minute 10K this weekend at the Suwanee Day Road Race. Even walked away with some hardware to add to his collection. Not too bad for a leisurely jog! He would want me to make note that it is still 10 minutes slower than his personal best. yeah, yeah, yeah....
1 comment:
Way to go, Mike! Allison, I expect you and Baby D out there next year!
Post a Comment