Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Thanksgiving Rewind

I'm behind on blog posts, as usual.  At least I have a legitimate excuse...lack of a solid night's sleep...yes, she still is beckoning me to her room several times/night.  Last night at 2 AM she was playing smiley games so I called Michael in to catch some of the action.  I know, we aren't suppose to encourage this behavior, but she is just so darn sweet!  

After all the turkey was consumed on Thanksgiving day, we agreed it was best Thanksgiving ever.  What made it so great?   We were able to feast with both families for several hours....get naps in the middle of it all, AND be home in our own cozy house for the lighting of the Macy's tree on television.  Marshall commented, "I wuv this!  It is so much fun to be all snuggled up together!  Let's get popstickles for everyone!"...it was at that moment we declared victory over Thanksgiving!

We started early with a Thanksgiving breakfast at Grammy and Grandad's. We didn't hold back on filling our plates up since we had an entire afternoon before our turkey dinner later that day....biscuits, scones, casseroles, and honey baked turkey! The parade played on the television in the background and Marshall got a loving dose of time with his favorite cousins.

 
After a stop at home for naps, we packed the car back up to join my family at Grama and Grandpa's house where Louie, Naomi, Grama and Grampa C were all there polishing off a plate full of fried artichoke hearts and breaking open the holiday cheer.  We had a traditional Thanksgiving feast complete with Grama C's jello mould, Kirchner-favorite cauliflower, and my (if I must say myself) fabulous green beans. 

  


The holiday season had officially begun! 

2 comments:

Naomi said...

It was a great Thanksgiving! Your photographs are really great.

Drena said...

You got some strong blood, girlfriend! That baby looks just like you! ;)