Monday, November 10, 2008

Showered.

Not in the "zest-fully clean" sense...but as in the showered with the love and generosity of our wonderful family and friends.

This weekend was so exciting...our first baby showers! Saturday my sister-in-law, Jennifer, hosted a beautiful shower at Michael's mom's house for all of the ladies of the Garmon family. And there are a lot of them (Arlene is one of seven brothers and sisters)! I was overwhelmed with how generous everyone was with us...I left with a great deal of baby supplies and enough cute clothes to fill Marshall's closet up. My mom even suggested letting him take over the master closet! I can't wait to post pictures of some of the adorable gifts we received.

Sunday my girfriends Carrie, Ashley and Renee hosted a shower at Carrie's house for my all my friends. I felt so special to have Renee in town from Michigan and Erin in town from N.C. to help us celebrate. We talked, and laughed and got emotional over the babies gifts. Well...I guess mom and I were the only mush-balls... I came home with MORE fabulous gifts and baby loot for little Marshall including adorable clothes, toys, a handmade quilt, stroller, and many other necessities that we are so thankful for!

Marshall is already so loved. I can't wait to post pictures of him enjoying all of his new things! 1.5 months to go! Here are a few pictures from this weekend...








3 comments:

Sara said...

Glad you had such wonderful showers! I can hardly wait to meet Marshal. I know he and Charlotte will be great friends!

Love,
Mrs. A

Sara said...

Sorry, I forgot an l. I will be glad to meet Marshall!

Mrs. A

Lauren said...

Wish I could have made it. Looks like you got some great gifts!