Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Take me out to the ballgame...

Ah, what fun life is when you are six and eight years old! I have to say it is almost just as much fun to watch someone else bask in the glory of that age. We were able to catch a few baseball games this weekend. The fact that Gabe and Ethan have grown like weeds over the past few years seems to be working to their advantage...they are both the star athletes of their little league teams. Let's hope they remember their Aunt Allison and Uncle Michael when they accept that nice MLB signing bonus someday!


Check out these action shots from the games:

Ethan zooms through home plate to score one for the Padres...
Gabe steps up to bat to show everyone how it's done...

Pretend I'm your pet pig...and I eat Sour Skittles...

Gabe and I (Allison) have one big thing in common...we are both older siblings. This weekend when we were sitting together in the stands watching Ethan's game, I noticed Gabe had a bag of Skittles. It was at that moment that I shared with Gabe something that I am not sure I should have...but couldn't help it. I proceeded to tell him how I used to trick my younger brother, Louie, into giving me all of his candy. "See," I said, "I would tell him to pretend I was his pet pig. Then I would snort a few times and hold out my hand. It never failed that he would be so amused that he would feed me every one of his candies." I could tell the wheels in his head were turning...he seemed quite entertained with the idea. I'm not sure Ethan will fall for that one but I figured, in the spirit of our shared role as the older sibling, I could tell him that story just for fun.


1 comment:

Carrie Davis said...

Hilarious! For someone that once answered the interview question, "What Motivates You?" with the answer: Food! That is a very appropriate childhood story!! Love the blog, keep it up!