I'm back. I've been contemplating giving up the 'ole blog. The goal of this cyber space has always been to document the events in our family and, most importantly, our kids as the grow. I'm just finding less and less time to spend in front of the computer. My big boy has unofficially dropped his nap, I finally found an exercise routine that has helped me return to my "normal" state, Summer Grace is constantly on the move, and summer has offered too many fun events to lend much down time. Blogging has simply taken a back seat to everything else going on. Thankfully, documenting has not (I have 1000 photos from the past three months to prove it)...but blogging has definitely dropped off my radar. But oh-how-I-love looking back and reading about days gone by. Not much can warm a mommy's heart more than a sentimental look back in time. So, I'm back. For now.
Last month we enjoyed a 9 day trip to the beach. The longest vacation I've ever taken. But when we figured just how much work it is to transport our lives 6.5 hours down the road, and the fact it takes the kids a good 24-48 hours to get settled in to a new groove, we figured we would make the most of it. It was HIGHLY anticipated. We started counting down 40 days out. I think we all just needed a good change of pace and scenery. We were fortunate to have great weather while we were down in Sandestin. Grandma and Grandpa came for four days in the middle of our trip to offer helping hands with the kids. It was such a treat to be able to stroll down to the beach bar in the middle of the day and head out at night...ALONE! Everyone enjoyed having them there.
We found out that Summer really enjoys the sand, that Marshall has come to peace with it, and that we can make it out on the beach for nearly 3 hours if we plan appropriately. I was quite impressed. We spent many days at Baytowne Wharf throwing $5 bills into the remote control boats,shooting gallery, and carousel. The dang guy or girl that's collecting a paycheck from all of the tourists must be livin' the good life, that's all I have to say. Regardless, it's the perfect area for families with enough entertainment for the kids to keep them happy and enough laid back shops, unique restaurants, etc to keep the adults content.
As good as the trip was, it felt WONDERFUL to be home. Marshall went straight for his snuggle spot on the couch and Summer must have covered every square foot of the house on her hands and knees three times within the first hour of being home.
I'll leave the rest of the story to some of my favorite pictures from the trip. We were so lucky to have the opportunity to spend so much great time together.
2 comments:
So glad you're back. You shouldn't feel pressure to blog (your sanity is more important than computers!), but it is fun for your loyal fans to get a sneak peak into the Dawson family's cuteness!
I love that picture of the four of you-- what a beautiful family!
I think you will be very happy you stuck with it as time goes by! Plus how would I know what you are up to? Love ya!
Post a Comment