Thursday, March 1, 2012

Summer - 6 Months


Sweet Summer Grace turned six months old when we were at the beach a few weeks ago.   What a difference a month makes in the life of a baby!  She has really started showing us her personality this month.  She is as sweet as can be, happy beyond words, and just a little spunky!  I've really never seen a baby that is quite as happy as she is.  And when I say happy...I mean happy ALL the time!  I'm really pretty amazed how she can be tired, hungry, and a dirty diaper and still manage to show you a gummy grin.  Not to mention, this baby has a VERY loose schedule.  Some days she gets all her napping done in her car seat  (Que Mommy-guilt).  If there is one person in our house that you can count on to cheer you up it would have to be Baby Sister.  She doesn't let much bother her and she's happy to show you how to do the same.  And I mentioned spunky because she has a lot to say...and she likes to say it in a way that has a lotta umph about it.  Not a very good description so I will work on getting that on video posted soon.

At six months, Summer Grace is...

15 lbs 3.5 oz  (25-50%)
28 inches (75%)

  • Enamored with her brother.  She flashes the BEST smiles for him...and for him only. 
  • Has already mastered the sippy cup.  Seriously amazing and I can only attribute that to the fact that she watches everything her brother does. 
  • Is still nursing (who would have imagined)...and enjoys 2 solid meals a day...we are now moving on to 3/day. 
  • Will have nothing to do with greens.  Dad secretly introduced her to "vanilla custard with banana" and has ruined her. 
  • Naps 2-3 times/day.  Like I said, we have a VERY loose schedule.  I often joke about the serene babyhood that Marshall had...and how it is nothing like what Summer is going through.  She's happy and healthy though.  And that's all that matters, right?! 
  • Is wearing 6-9 months clothes and just moved up to size 3 diapers. 
  • Has cut two bottom teeth in the last month.  We had two solid weeks of terrible teething. She refused to sleep on her crib and we had to break out the inclined bassinet again!  We traveled to the beach with TWO beds for this little princess.  Luckily, she got over that and we are back to the normal routine.
  • Still wakes up 2 times/night.  After our teething saga, I simply can't complain about this.  I even took her to the doctor to make sure nothing else was wrong!  She going to sleep at 7 PM and usually waking around 1 AM and then again at 4 AM.  Wakes up for good around 6 or 7 AM.
  • Rolling from tummy to back...but not in a hurry to roll the other way or crawl.  Not sitting up on her own yet either.   Mommy isn't trying to rush things, trust me!   
  • Has done well in the church nursery so far.  But we often find her in the big kids room visiting her brother.  :)
  • Looking more and more like her daddy.
  • Getting prettier every day.  Love her so much!

3 comments:

Carrie Beth said...

She is so cute!!!

Lauren said...

SO cute!!! She and Allie are both petite little girls :) Let's get them together soon.

Drena said...

She is so precious! So glad you guys have a happy easy going baby!